District Services Links
Teacher Leadership Compensation (TLC)
Independence is proud to offer an outstanding Teacher Leadership and Compensation (TLC) program. It is through TLC that we are able to provide leadership opportunities for our teachers. We have instructional coaches, curriculum leaders (model teachers) and mentor teachers. The state of Iowa initiated the TLC program in 2014. Independence Community School District launched its TLC program in 2016. The goals of the TLC program are:
- To attract able and promising new teachers by offering competitive starting salaries and offering short-term and long-term professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Retain effective teachers by providing enhanced career opportunities.
- Promote collaboration by developing and supporting opportunities for teachers in schools and school districts statewide to learn from each other.
- Reward professional growth and effective teaching by providing pathways for career opportunities that come with increased leadership responsibilities and involve increased compensation.
- Improve student achievement by strengthening instruction. For more information please see the instructional coaches websites.
Communication is a key element in helping to ensure the success of your student in the ICSD. We encourage sharing of information between home and school.