The Mustang Meditation calming room was developed in an effort to give our students, staff, parents, and community members a safe space to identify coping strategies for managing overwhelming emotions. We hope these resources provide a calming escape for when things get tough.
Disclaimer: The following links are purely for educational purposes and are not intended as psychological interventions or as a substitute for psychological treatment. If you are in need of psychological help you should seek the consultation of a licensed mental health professional.
In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Foundation2 Crisis Center at 319-362-2174
- Iowa CommUnity Crisis Services Call or Text (1-855-325-4296) or Chat (IowaCrisisChat.org)
- Iowa Domestic Violence & Victim Service 1-800-770-1650 or text “iowahelp” to 20121
- Iowa’s Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Hotline Call (1-800-362-2178)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline Call (1-800-656-4673)
- Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault Call (1-800-770-1650) or Text “IOWAHELP” to 20121
- Crisis Text Line- Text 4hope to 741741
Communication is a key element in helping to ensure the success of your student in the ICSD. We encourage sharing of information between home and school.