Registration for 2021-2022 will open July 5, 2021. Parents will need a PowerSchool Parent Portal to register.
Do not attempt to register for 2021-2022 until July 5, 2021 at 6:00 am. The offices will be closed on July 5, but will reopen on July 6.
The registration process for 2021-2022 will look very similar to last year. Independence has the same programs and same procedures. We have three programs involved in the registration process:
- If you are new to the district, please contact the school building. The building will request basic information to enter the student into PowerSchool. Steve will send you the Parent Portal information.
- You will use your PowerSchool Parent Portal to start the registration process.
- You will receive a letter from InfoSnap informing you registration is now open with registration instructions. You will edit/add/delete all of the information in InfoSnap.
- You will use MySchoolBucks to pay for book and tech fees as well as money for meals.
Short version of Registration Instructions
Registration letters will be sent on July 5 at 6:00 am. Even if you do not receive a letter (spam, junk, trash, bad email, etc), you will be able to log into Parent Portal and start registration. If you need help with registration, please contact your student's building on Tuesday, July 6.
ECC and JSH (anyone will be able to register on these computers) have computers for you to use for registration, you must call ahead to schedule an appointment. East and West are closed for construction.
Here is the short version of the instructions from the Registration Letter:
How do I get started?
- Visit https://indee.powerschool.com/public/ and log into your Parent Portal. You must have a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account to proceed:
- Log into your Parent Account, it must be a "Parent" account. "Student" accounts do not work.
- Select the student you wish to register along the top
- Select "Annual Re-registration" icon on the left side, about 3/4 down.
- You will enter the birthdate of your student
- The form will open in your window
- Be sure to click, "Submit" when finished
- PK4 students, except St John will register using the online program.
- St. John K-8 students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly will help you register during the first week of school.
- If you have any questions about registration, please call your student's building. You may also contact Steve Noyes by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration process is phone and tablet friendly.
- If you need access to a computing device, please contact your building to setup an appointment. You must setup an appointment to come to the school and use a computer for registration.
Registration Pieces: These are separate steps but are all linked through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Demographics, health, transportation, School Permissions: You will use InfoSnap. You will log into your Parent Portal and click on Register Returning Student. Every student is a returning student because we have already entered you into PowerSchool and created a Parent Portal account for you.
- Registration Fees: You will use MySchoolBucks. If you already have an account, you may use it. You may also link the account to your Parent Portal Account. Log into your Parent Portal account and click on, "My SchoolBucks."
- Meal Fees: You will use MySchoolBucks. If you already have an account, you may use it. You may also link the account to your Parent Portal Account. Log into your Parent Portal account and click on, "My SchoolBucks."
- Free/Reduced Application: You can apply/reapply by going to myschoolapps.com or go to the school web site and download an application or call Annette Harbaugh at 319-334-7423.
Junior Senior High
All parents need to have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register. Please contact your building for username and password help. Please try to login with your parent portal account before July 5. If you have problems, please contact your child's building.
If you are new to the district, please contact East, West or JSH for help.
- Give the office your contact information
- Express any concerns
- Ask about a tour
- Expect an email from Steve Noyes with PowerSchool Parent information and registration instruction.
More information on these topics in e-Registration. As you register, be sure to note these items.
The Independence Registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact a building to start the process to receive Parent Portal information.