Registration for 2022-2023 will open July 16, 2022. Please do not attempt to register for 2022-2023 until July 16, 2021 at 6:00 am. The offices will be closed on July 16-17, but will reopen on July 18th.
The Independence registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact any building to start the process and to receive your Parent Portal information.
The registration process for 2022-2023 will look very similar to last year. Independence has the same programs and same procedures.
- If you are new to the district, please contact your school building to get your student(s) into PowerSchool. You will then receive your Parent Portal information.
- You will use your PowerSchool Parent Portal for the registration process.
- You will receive a letter from InfoSnap informing you registration is now open with registration instructions. You will edit/add/delete all of the information (demographics, health, transportation, school permissions) in InfoSnap within your Parent Portal account.
- Every student is considered a returning student because we have already entered them into PowerSchool and created a Parent Portal account for you. You will log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on Register Returning Student.
- You will use MySchoolBucks to pay for registration and meal fees. You may link your MySchoolBucks account to your Parent Portal account by clicking on "My SchoolBucks" within your Parent Portal.
- You can apply/reapply for Free/Reduced Meals by going to myschoolapps.com or by downloading the application.
- PK4 students (except St. John) will register using the online program.
- St. John K-8 students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly Bertelli will help you register during the first week of school.
JSH parking passes will go on sale, $20/year, at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 9th for juniors and seniors and Wednesday, August 10th for freshman and sophomores. To obtain a pass, the student must have/know the following:
Proof of school registration for the 2022-2023 school year.
- A valid driver's license or school permit.
- The make, model and color of the vehicle he/she is driving or will drive most often to school.
- The license plate number of the above vehicle.
- JSH student Chromebooks may be picked up in the Wrestling Room at the JSH. Students must be registered prior to picking up their Chromebook. Students are only allowed to pick up their own laptop and sibling laptops. Parents are not required to come, and there will not be any direction or instruction given at pick up time. Students are expected to charge the Chromebook and bring the Chromebook (fully charged) on the first day of school. Students who are not able to come during these times will receive their Chromebook on the first day of school during 1st period.
- Monday, August 8th from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9th from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10th from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11th from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 12th from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- The registration process is phone and tablet friendly.
- If you need access to a computing device, please contact your building to setup an appointment. Appointment is required.
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact your student's building or Steve Noyes.
Communication is a key element in helping to ensure the success of your student in the ICSD. We encourage sharing of information between home and school.