Registration for 2023-2024 will open Saturday, July 15, 2023. The offices will be closed on July 15-16, but will open on July 17th.
The Independence registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact any building to start the process and to receive your Parent Portal information.
The registration process for 2023-2024 will look very similar to last year. Independence has the same programs and same procedures.
- If you are new to the district, please contact your school building to get your student(s) into PowerSchool. You will then receive your Parent Portal information.
- You will use your PowerSchool Parent Portal for the registration process.
- You will receive a letter from InfoSnap informing you registration is now open with registration instructions. You will edit/add/delete all of the information (demographics, health, transportation, school permissions) in InfoSnap within your Parent Portal account.
- Every student is considered a returning student because we have already entered them into PowerSchool and created a Parent Portal account for you. You will log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on Register Returning Student.
- You will use MySchoolBucks to pay for registration and meal fees. You may link your MySchoolBucks account to your Parent Portal account by clicking on "My SchoolBucks" within your Parent Portal.
- You can apply/reapply for Free/Reduced Meals by going to myschoolapps.com or by downloading the application.
- Student PK4 students (except St. John) will register using the online program.
- St. John K-8 students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly Bertelli will help you register during the first week of school.
Parking Passes can be purchased online starting on August 9 at 5pm. The final schedule for seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshman will be sent out at a later date. You need to know your license plate and vehicle description. Please have a check or exact cash of $25.00.
Grades 8-12 may come to the JSH Wrestling Room on August 7,8,9,10,11 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Siblings are allowed to pick-up Chromebooks for grades 8-12.
7th Grade students will need to wait until a separate date and time for their Chromebook. More information will be sent closer to school starting.
- BackPack Program: If you interested in the BackPack program, please print BackPack Form and send to the Food Bank.
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact your student's building or Steve Noyes.
Communication is a key element in helping to ensure the success of your student in the ICSD. We encourage sharing of information between home and school.