August 26, 2014 (Independence, IA) – Each year ACT sends a High School College Readiness Letter to the Principal of each high school with at least one ACT- tested graduate. 7th-12th grade Principal, John Howard, is please to share that the 53 students of the 2014 Independence Community School District (ICSD) graduating class that took the ACT test received excellent marks compared to the state average.
The average scores of the tested students compared to the state average are as follows:
• English: 22.7 (1.2 points above state average)
• Mathematics: 22.3 (.9 points above state average)
• Reading: 24.9 (2.4 points above state average)
• Science: 22.9 (.7 points above state average)
• Composite: 23.3 (1.3 points above state average and the best it’s been in the last 5 years)
The report also notes that 38% of the ICSD students that took the ACT test met all four of the ACT benchmarks, which is 7% above the state average.
Principal Howard states, “These scores are outstanding, and they are a credit to the students in the class of 2014, our entire staff as well as our parents. Without all of us working together to emphasize student achievement, they would not be possible. What a great accomplishment for Independence Community Schools.”
For more information on ACT testing please visit their website at www.act.org.